Thursday, April 26, 2007

update on funds

To me (sara) 10 dollars seems like a lot. It means 10 bags of assorted beans or over 10 bags of delicious carrots. So when finishing our budget at a grand total of a little under $5,000, fundraising seems daunting and discouraging. However, again I am humbled. Getting mail has become all the more fun as money from family and friends pours in.
I am always humbled to ask for money, ask for any type of assistance for that matter, and it is good to be reminded that we are supposed to live in community, in support of others. We are designed as relational beings, ones who thrive in fellowship and honest connections with people. Something as simple as fundraising can remind me that I cannot and should not do everything by myself. It reminds me that very practically speaking there is no way I can make $5,000 by myself but through God's grace, people He has put in our lives surround us and lift us up. Thank you.
Sarah, the queen of paper chains, has made a funds chain (if you slur that it sounds like fun chain). It is hanging over our kitchen door and slowly but surely we get to take of ring after ring. It's a great feeling. We both met with Blackhawk missions team coordinators earlier this week and will hopefully hear about how much support they can give by the end of the week.

No comments: