Saturday, July 28, 2007

More Than Fine

I sit here in the empty office at LCW on a bright Sunday afternoon. With my headphones on. Blocking out the noise that surrounds me. I will be the first to admit that I am only human, and can only handle greasy fingers and hearing “he hit me first” for so long. So I sit. And vent. I’m listening to Switchfoot for old times’ sake and soaking up the lyrics: “More than fine/More than bent on getting by/More than fine/More than just ok”

If we settle at ok, we will never know good. If we settle at good, we will never know excellent. And if we settle at excellent, we will never know anything that rocks hardcore. I give it up to God to rock hardcore, because I am not cool enough to do that on my own. So I hope to rock on.

I get excited when I think of what I can do with my life. I get excited when I think about the little things God has shown me during my time overseas, almost hinting that this is what I will be doing for the rest of my life. If He has it in His plans to give me the future I hope for (Jer. 29:11 MSG) then rock on, God. I will follow Him knowing that He wants something so good for my life that I cannot even comprehend it. He is teaching me things that I long to hear and comprehend. He is teaching me how to live a life of faith.

No comments: