Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Bad (part 2)

(from 6/17) Why does the bad part have to be about me (sara a)? The fact that the blog titled “The Bad” surrounds an event caused and created by me is a little humbling. So being the considerate person I am I thought I’d stop by Kalk Bay for Sarah to enjoy the cute shops and atmosphere. I faced my fear of parking on a busy road only after one turn around and we headed on our way. I was right, Sarah liked it. However when I came out to see I was parked in I was a little fearful. Never-the-less the friendly parking guard guided me out of the tight space and I was ready to pull into traffic. I looked over my shoulder and looked ahead again to make sure I was clearing both cars. My eyes must have failed to register a large white truck was actually coming my way. But my ears were working fine when I heard the collision. I cannot begin to write the sick feeling that took over my body instantly, or the words that escaped my mouth. The driver was a very nice woman, and I was able to semi control my emotions as we exchanged details, looked over the cars. Little damage was done to her car it seemed. The runner to step up to the truck was loose on the back end and some paint on the side was scrapped off. Much better than I had originally thought. I said sorry repeatedly and felt awful, but as my parents always said, the important thing is that the people involved are okay. Cars can be fixed, people are a little more tricky. We both drove away and the rest of the evening was overshadowed by thoughts of how could I be so stupid and not see a large white truck??!

No comments: