Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Imitators

Further in Ephesians it talks about imitating Jesus by living “a life of love” as a dearly loved child. I am loved so I can love. I don’t need to spend time trying to gain love because I am ALREADY loved, what freedom is that?! This freedom allows me to love without looking for anything in return. In this freedom I can imitate Jesus in the way he sacrifices, the way he embraces the broken, the way he is selfless, the way he loves.

A perfect image of this is when Sarah and I are dancing with the kids. They love it. They love following every move we make as closely as possible. Two of the girls even like repeating everything I say, which I guess I could take as a compliment, but they love imitating. The kids love imitating our speech, our dances, our facial expressions, our sounds, and our attitudes. May I be like a child, following Jesus’ life and imitating his life of love.

No comments: